Screen Printing Frequently Asked Questions
For more information you can review our F.A.Q. below or use our Contact Page.
- 1. What is your screen printing turnaround time?
- 2. Is there a minimum order quantity for screen printing?
- 3. What is the maximum size that my design can be for screen printing?
- 4. If I am printing on a wide range of sizes, such as youth and adult, can my design be "scaled" so it looks proportionate to each size?
- 5. If I am ordering printing for more than one design at a time, how do I add that to my order?
- 6. What does "print-ready" artwork mean?
- 7. How do I get my artwork for screen printing to you?
- 8. How can I tell how many colors there are in my artwork?
- 9. Will I have a proof or sample before my garments are printed?
Our standard turnaround time is 2 weeks (7 to 10 Business Days), plus shipping time. This is why we strive to ensure that your delivery reaches you on or before your requested date. If you need to receive your printed goods by a specific date, please help us schedule an on-time delivery for you by letting us know the "need by" date.
If you wold like to receive your order in less than 2 weeks, please make sure that you send us your print-ready artwork immediately after placing your order. This will help us expedite your order.
No, we don't have a minimum order, we will print just one piece for you. The ost of the shirt will also reflect the cost of the screens.
The maximum image size depends on the type of item that you are printing on, but here are some general guidelines:
- * Youth tees have a maximum printable area of 10" x 10".
- * Adult tees have a maximum printable area of 15" x 15".
- * Fitted ladies items such as tank tops generally have a smaller printable area.
No. To print a different size of your design will require a separate set of screens for each design size. Each design size must then be treated as a separate print job. Because this greatly increases the cost of each job, we strongly recommend that you choose just one design size that will be proportionate for the size of garments that you are printing the most of.
If you have multiple design each design will have it's own Setup Charge. Simply describe to us, or send us each of your art designs and we will price them accordingly.
The term "print-ready" means that your artwork is already properly formatted for screen printing, and that we can create film and screens directly from your artwork without having to edit or enhance it in any way. If your artwork meets the following requirements, it is print-ready:
- * Artwork sent in .JPEG or .PSD formats must have an original resolution of 300 dpi at the size you want it printed. . Please do not just add pixels to your artwork, as it will make your design look ragged and it will not print well. Also, please do not shrink your design to increase resolution.
- * .PSD files must be flattened, or each color must be in its own layer, with no additional layers.
- * Artwork sent in .AI or .EPS must have actually been created using Adobe Illustrator, rather than being imported. Please make sure to convert all fonts to outlines in order to preserve font appearance. If you do not have artwork specifications, you may be charged a small art fee of $20 per hour to re-draw your artwork in order to make it print-ready. If you are not sure if your artwork is already print-ready, please send it to email@example.com and we will let you know. Please also note that if your artwork is not print-ready, it may cause delays in your turnaround time.
If you live in the LeRoy area you can bring or mail your artwork to us on a CD otherwise send your artwork to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or postal mail at:
- Den Graphix
- 111 S. Chestnut St
- LeRoy, IL 61752
You may send us artwork before or after you place your order online and receive a personal quote.
Here at Den Graphix, we have an in-house artist with over 10 years of experience in design. If you need help designing a logo for your corporate polo garments, or coming up with a fun design to go on your family reunion t-garments, we can help. Artwork Charge $20 per Hour
If you are unsure of how many ink colors are required to screen print your artwork send it to us, and we'll give you a consultation free of charge. Note: Artwork that is extremely colorful or includes many different shades of the same color may need to printed using a Heat-Transfer to maintain a photograph like image.
Yes. We will provide a proof of the garments with the design printed on them. We will not print garments until the proof of the design and garment is approved.
Please email all other inquiries to email@example.com or call us at (309 962-2000.